Are you publishing a print or digital journal, newspaper, magazine, or blog? Are you interested in creating a publication or learning more about the current student publishing landscape? Bobcats Publish is a partnership between Alden Library and Ohio University Press to promote student publishing on campus. The partnership will be host a roundtable discussion on March 24, 2016 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a display of student publications open to the public from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on the same day.
Passionate and thoughtful students produce research and creative work every semester. Bobcats Publish will connect you to other students and mentors to help bring your research and ideas to a bigger audience. Join this gathering of student writers, editors, and publishers for a conversation on the routes and aspects of student publication at Ohio University.
Interested students should contact the event sponsors, listed below, by February 5 for full information on how to participate and what to expect. A list of participating publications will be announced on March 1.
Questions and topics may include:
- What should you know about copyright and publication agreements?
- How do you get your content published?
- And in what formats: print, digital, or both?
- What’s your business model?
- How do you get your content noticed?
- What kind of web presence should you have? How do you get it?
- How do you plan so that your publication will keep going once you graduate?
- Should you archive your content?
For more information, contact Marc Blanc at firstname.lastname@example.org, Editor of Jettison, jettisonmag.com or Gillian Berchowitz, email@example.com, director and editor-in-chief, Ohio University Press, ohioswallow.com.