Every Wednesday at 5 p.m., students gather at the Ohio University Baker Center Front Room for a topical discussion hosted by guest faculty speakers. Science Cafés, focused on the sciences, and Café Conversations, focused on journalism, are venues for students to informally share their interests with faculty presenters, staff and the community in a friendly setting.
Upcoming Science Cafés include:
- Oct. 5: Guy Riefler, Civil Engineering; John Sabraw, Art
- Oct. 19: Claudia Gonzalex Vallejo, Psychology
- Nov. 2: Lisa Crockett, Biological Sciences
- Nov. 9: Catherine Early, Biomedical Sciences
- Nov. 16: Gurgen “Greg” Hayrapetyan, Mathematics
- Nov. 30: Sonia Najjar, Biomedical Sciences/Associate Dean of Research and Innovation, HCOM
Upcoming Café Conversations include:
- Oct. 26: Aimee Edmondson, Associate Professor, Journalism; John Grimwade, Assistant Professor, Visual Communication. Topic: info graphics and how polls are presented and how journalists use data resources to report
For more information, including a promotional video and the spring semester schedule, click here.