The Career and Leadership Development Center is offering a great opportunity for Ohio University students interested in sharpening their leadership skills. All six of the workshops required for the Professional Leadership Certificate and the 21st Century Leadership Certificate will be offered on Saturday, February 18.
The schedule will begin at 10 a.m. and will run until 5:20 p.m. All workshops will be held in the Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center in Baker University Center, Room 366.
- Who Are You and Why Should I Care?: Keys to Networking Success – 10 – 11 a.m.
Participants will reflect on their personal leadership brand and develop an elevator pitch.
- Bragging Rights: Creating the Perfect Resume and Cover Letter – 11:10 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
This interactive workshop will help participants sharpen resume and cover letter knowledge.
- Hunting & Gathering: Job Search and Interviewing – 12:20 – 1:20 p.m.
Participants will explore resources to create a job search plan and will learn valuable tips for job interviews.
- I Am Right. You Are Wrong: Understanding Ethics and Values -2 – 3 p.m.
By working in small groups, participants will explore the topic of ethical leadership and the power of values in decision making.
- Building an Awesome Team: Understanding Team Development – 3:10 – 4:10 p.m.
This workshop will educate participants about how to improve the dynamics of any group or organization.
- Get It Together: Understanding Emotional Intelligence – 4:20 – 5:20 p.m.
Participants will be given the opportunity to practice self-awareness and will learn how to identify, assess, and manage emotions in various situations.
A lunch break will be from 1:20 – 2 p.m. More information about the workshops and certificates can be found here. The Career and Leadership Development Center can also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.593.2909.