Scholarships are currently available to graduate students majoring in Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field. The Ohio Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) is issuing two $1,000 scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year to provide financial assistance to deserving individuals.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25
- Successful completion of no less than nine credits in the applicant’s graduate program
- Permanent residence within the state of Ohio
- Demonstration of leadership qualities
- Interest and activity in public administration or public works
Submission requirements include:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Essay demonstrating why the applicant should receive the scholarship and where the applicant sees themselves post-graduation in a public administration or public works career
- Official transcript or report of grades showing that a GPA of 3.25 or above has been maintained throughout graduate school
- List of courses to be taken in the 2017/2018 academic year required for the graduate degree sought
- Completed application and certification
Scholarships will be reviewed in the beginning of March 2017 and decisions will be made by the end of the month. The deadline to apply for these scholarships is February 24, 2017.
Scholarship applications and complete details surrounding scholarships can be found here, here, and here. Questions can be directed to Mrs. Simpson at 740.323.5202.