Some say there can be no great accomplishments without risk. The first step to turn risk into rewards is finding good venture ideas.
Learn how to evaluate ideas and then find the resources to transform any idea into a business opportunity during the first Venture Café session of the 2015-16 academic year. In his 10-year career, speaker Lee Groeschl has been involved in more than 100 technology-based ventures, more than $65 million of syndicated venture financing and has venture development and financing experience in life sciences, biotechnology, medical devices and software. Groeschl currently serves as an executive in residence at TechGROWTH Ohio.
The Venture Café session is taking place in Baker University Center 242 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17. Pizza will provided at the session. The event is hosted by the Center for Entrepreneurship, a partnership between the College of Business and the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs that leads TechGROWTH Ohio.
Venture Café sessions are open to all undergraduates, regardless of major, and allows aspiring entrepreneurs of all fields to explore best practices for entrepreneurship and business development in a casual setting. These sessions occur throughout the year and often cover a variety of topics.
Over the span of the 2015-16 academic year, the following nine sessions will be offered:
- “Finding Good Venture Ideas” with Lee Groeschl on Sept. 17
- “Protecting Intellectual Property” with USPTO on Oct. 13
- “Building an Entrepreneurial Team” with Mike Langer on Oct. 27
- “Understanding the Market Opportunity” with Kent Stauber on Nov. 12
- “Lean Launch Methods” with Lynn Gellermann on January 20
- “Technological Innovation Challenges” with John Bowditch on February 11
- “Getting Your First Customer” with Michele Migliuolo on March 9
- “Raising Capital from Investors” with Chris Gerig on March 23
- “Managing a Growing Business” with TBD on April 20
To find the specific time and place for these events and many others happening at the Voinovich School, visit www.ohio.edu/voinovichschool/news_info/calendar/.